Chocolate Maple Pretzel Bars. Sweet & Salty will forever be my favorite combination! So, this marriage of sweet chocolate and maple with salty pretzels stuffed between an oat crust is seriously addictive! You will be making a second batch in no time. So, I recommend just doubling or tripling it the first time around!
What can I say? I am a die-hard lover of all things salty & sweet! So when Nuts ‘N More launched their new Chocolate Maple Pretzel peanut butter I knew I had to create something right away! I wanted something easy, something that highlighted the new flavor and something that made you want to keep coming back for more! Well, all I have to say is that these Chocolate Maple Pretzel Bars do exactly that! I had this pan gone in less than 48 hours. Don’t judge me!
Then again, the quick disappearance of these Chocolate Maple Pretzel Bars doesn’t really surprise me that much! I have been obsessed with Nuts ‘N More and pretzel combinations forever! These chocolate pretzel bars are where it all began! But, the white chocolate sesame cranbutter bars took the gold soon after! They have been the number one most loved Nuts ‘N More recipe to date! I wonder if these new Maple Chocolate Pretzel Bars will surpass then…..?
But, while we ponder that let’s talk a little bit more about these sweet & savory goodies! With only 6 whole ingredients; oats, oat flour, coconut oil , pretzels, sweetener and that delicious Maple Chocolate Pretzel you can have these healthy, yet sinfully tasting bars ready in no time! Just imagine a chocolate covered pretzel smooshed between a good oatmeal cookie! Yup, that is exactly what these Chocolate Maple Pretzel Bars are like. Heaven. Just heaven! Now, all I have to say is, “Be Like Nike. Just Do It.”
Serves 1 bar
Chocolate Maple Pretzel Bars
A salty and sweet peanut butter filling set between a delicious oat crumb bottom and topping!
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- For the crust and topping:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (75g)
- 1/3 cup oat flour (40g)
- 1/4 cup pretzels, crushed
- 1/4 cup xylitol (or sweetner of choice)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil slightly softened
For the filling:
- 7 tbs (112g) Chocolate Maple Pretzel Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Combine oats, oat flour, xylitol, pretzels, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- Incorporate the coconut oil to the dry ingredients with your hands until a dough forms.
- Gently press 2/3 of the dough onto the bottom of your pan and bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden
- Remove from the oven and gently spread your peanut butter mixture over the dough
- Sprinkle with the remaining dough
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 22-24 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow the bars to cool
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for 4 hours or oven night before cutting
- Store in a sealed container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 1 month
Cuisine: American | Recipe Type: Dessert
This recipe was adapted from www.texanerin.com
P.S – these would also make a super delicious dessert for the upcoming holidays too! So, don’t forget to pin the recipe to make later!
Get 15% off your order on this new flavor using the promo code: FITCHICK