Chocolate Hazelnut Vegan Energy Bites
Ok, I admit. There is a secret salty and absolutely delicious ingredient in these Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites! They also happen to be vegan, no bake and absolutely delicious!! Did I say absolutely delicious already? ? I mean, if Nutella is made from chocolate and hazelnuts, can’t you just image how incredible these will be?
And while we are talking secrets, I am terrible at keeping them! haha Which means, I am going to tell you that the secret ingredients in this recipe is Beanfields Snacks Sea Salt Chips!?!? I know, you probably think I have lost my mind! I had this insane craving for salty and sweet one day and that delicious bag was sitting right there…..and this is what ended up happening! I hope you try them out!
Have a great day!
Chocolate Hazelnut Vegan Energy Bites Prep time 10 mins Total time 10 mins Satisfy your craving for both salty and sweet with this simple, vegan energy bite recipe! These little bites make a great snack or dessert! Author: Sarah Recipe type: Snack Serves: 10-12 bites Ingredients
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup Beanfield Snacks Sea Salt Bean & Rice Chips
- 2 – 3 tbs raw cacao powder
- 3 tbs raw hazelnut butter
- 1 large banana
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts
- sweetener, as desired
- Add hazelnuts to food processor and pulse until finely ground
- Add in Beanfield Snacks chips and pulse again until flour like consistency
- Add in oats and cacao powder
- Lastly, add in banana, chocolate hazelnut butter and any desired sweetener
- Pulse until a “dough” forms*
- Place dough in refrigerator to set for 30 minutes
- Remove and roll into desired size bites**
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator
Notes * depending on how much sweetener you use and the size of your banana, you may need to add 1-2 tbs more cacao powder (or more ground chips/oats)
** if the dough sticks to your fingers, run your fingers under warm water 3.2.2925
I used these delicious Sea Salt Bean and Rice Chips from Beanfield Snacks to create this tasty recipe!