Fennel, Onion & Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza
Fennel, Onion & Goat Cheese Flatbread
Who doesn’t love pizza? I could eat it all day, every day! But this time, I step outside of the traditional ‘pizza box’ 🙂 and made this simple, yet very, very flavorful flatbread pizza with a new to me veggie, fennel! I had never had fennel before, but I can say that I officially love it! It is delicious both warm like on this pizza or cold in salads! If you have never tried it, I would highly recommend it! It just gives the dish an extra layer of flavor!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1 flatbread of choice
- 2 tbs cilantro sauce*
- ½ cup sliced fennel
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- 1oz goat cheese
- 3 tbs shredded mozzarella
- Thinly slice your onion and fennel
- Add to a skillet over medium heat, with cooking oil of choice, and saute until tender
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread cilantro sauce on pizza, sprinkle with mozzarella, top with sauteed fennel and onion
- Finish off with goat cheese
- Bake for ~ 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden
- Slice and enjoy!