Bourbon Vanilla Fig Biscotti
What can I say? My sweet tooth has been going strong lately! But, I am making sure to satisfy those cravings in a healthy way with desserts like these simply and sweet Bourbon Vanilla Fig Biscotti! Served with a big cup of coffee? Absolutely!
Better Body Foods came up with a brilliant idea! Why not create a product that is a blend of almond flour and coconut flour? This would keep the cost down and make working with coconut flour easier! But the big question is, “What’s the best ratio?” After doing some digging around in past recipes, the trend for me seemed to be 1/3 cup almond flour to 1 tbs coconut flour.
But to take it one step further, Better Body Foods created a challenge! A challenge in which you can win some amazing prizes! The challenge is called, “Blend A BetterBody Food” and the goal…..to create a recipe that combines the low cost of coconut flour with the moistening effects of almond flour to find the perfect blend that is great for both the wallet and the oven!
The best part? The winning prize! You could have your recipe featured on the Better Body Foods package, win ahttps://ingredientsofafitchick.comc Blender and a $100 gift card to Walmart!
So, now I know you are wondering how the heck you can enter for a chance to win all of that?! I know I was! The contest will run from today, October 7th through November 4th 2015. All you have to do is create a recipe using a coconut flour/almond flour blend, share your recipe and flour ratio on social media using the hashtags #BetterBodyBlend #BetterBodyFoods and tagging @BetterBodyFoods and @FitChick428!
That’s it! It’s a double win because you not only get to eat your delicious creation, but you could also possibly win this amazing prize pack! Plus, if you get your friends involved and they tag you on social media too, then you both could win!
So, what are you waiting for? Head to the kitchen (after you check out my delicious recipe below!) and start your own tasty entry! I have included the rules below, just in case you missed something! Or you can head HERE!
Also, check out the other amazing products Better Body Foods has! I used their coconut flour, extra virgin coconut oil, agave and bourbon vanilla in this recipe! They have a new superfood called LIVFIT SuperFood, which I am dying to try! Can’t you just image that in some smoothies!
Ok, good luck! And don’t forget, if you need a recipe taste tester, I am available!
- 1¼ cup (140g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (56g) coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbs agave
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3-4 large dried figs, chopped
- Add your almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt and baking powder to a food processor
- Add in melted coconut oil, egg, agave and vanilla
- Mix until a sticky dough forms
- Remove dough from food processor and put in a bowl
- Hand mix in chopped figs
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove dough from refrigerator and shape into a log on parchment
- Bake for ~18 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 hour
- Slice into desired shape
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Return sliced biscotti to oven for ~18 minutes
- Turn oven off and leave biscotti in oven to finish baking (about 30 minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 hours