Chorizo Mexi Melt
Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! I was busy studying away (during the snow we had this weekend! ugh!) …..and clearly indulging in a lot of tasty 5280meat chorizo! That stuff is addictive I tell you!
Today’s recipe is a delicious twist on a Taco Bell favorite, but with much better flavor! I hope you enjoy! Have a great start to your week!
- 1 low carb tortilla (or tortilla of choice)
- 1.5 oz 5280Meat Chorizo*
- 2 tbs reduced fat cheddar cheese*
- 1 tbs Aveyo*
- 2 tbs diced tomato
- 2 tsp no salt mexican seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- Saute chorizo in pan until cooked through
- Mix in mexican seasoning
- Spread chorizo inside tortilla
- Layer with Aveyo, cheddar and diced tomato
- Roll tortilla up
- Wrap in foil and put into preheat 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Nutrition: 1 out of 1 melt
- Calories: 354, Protein: 22.5g, Carbs: 22.7g, Fat: 24.6g, Sodium: 1003mg, Fiber: 14.7g, Sugar: 2.6g, Net Carbs: 8.0g
- *Ground turkey can be subbed in place of chorizo to lower both fat and sodium
- *Plain avocado can be subbed for aveyo
- *Cheese of choice can be used
You can find the products used in this recipe below!