Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! Can you believe we are in the last full week of August?! It is crazy! Where did the summer go? It’s a good thing fall is my favorite time of year!
Today I am sharing with you a delicious recipe that is brought to you on behalf of Sizzle Fish! Sizzle Fish supplies pure, untreated fish in portion servings to help us perform better! It came about on the idea to fuel triathletes since fish helps you perform better, but it has quick spread and is now enjoyed by everyone, endurance athlete or not!
When the team from Sizzle Fish reached out to me about trying their yummy seafood of course I couldn’t say no! I did grow up eating seafood every summer on the shores of Cape Cod! I am a true fish lover! But despite loving a wide variety of fish, there were some I still had not tried!
Sizzle Fish sells:
I had never tried the Sable Fish (also known as butter fish or black cod), Trout or Catfish. I ended up loving all three of them! But I wanted to venture outside my comfort zone and create a recipe using the trout to share with you! It came out absolutely delicious! If you have never tried it before, this is a great way to start! I hope you enjoy!
Garlic & Herb Trout Cakes2014-08-12 08:24:43
Serves 1 A quick and delicious way to enjoy fish cakes any day of the week! Write a review Save RecipePrint Prep Time 10 min Cook Time 10 min Total Time 20 min Prep Time 10 min Cook Time 10 min Total Time 20 min Ingredients
- 3oz cooked trout
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbs (7g) coconut flour
- 2 tsp garlic and herb seasoning (I used Mrs Dash Salt Free)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Flake your trout in a bowl
- Beat your egg in a separate bowl
- Combine trout, egg, coconut flour and seasonings
- Allow mixture to sit while you heat up your pan
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil to pan over medium heat
- Divide fish mixture into 2 and form into patties
- Add to warmed pan
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until golden
- Flip and repeat
- Serve warm over some fresh greens or save for later — They are great cold too!
- Nutrition: for the entire recipe
- Calories: 285, Protein: 27.9g, Carbs: 4.4g, Fat: 16.7g, Saturated Fat: 8.3g, Sodium: 120mg, FIber: 2.5g, Sugar: 1g, Net Carbs: 1.9g
By Sarah Ingredients Of A Fit Chick https://ingredientsofafitchick.com/
If you are interested in trying out Sizzle Fish you can head HERE to see all that they have to offer!
The fish comes packed in dry ice
So you don’t need to worry about any spoilage! They sent me the sampler pack which had 2 pieces of each kind!
I enjoyed every single kind they sent — even the ones I had never tried before! Plus, I love that everything was pre portioned out for me! (I actually weighed them and they were all spot on in size too!) It makes creating my meals a cinch! I could just take a single piece out of the freezer in the morning to thaw during the day and I was set for dinner at night! It was perfect!
*Have you ever tried Sizzle Fish before?
*Are any of these fish types new to you?
*What is your favorite way to eat fish?