Happy Friday! I am very excited today because it is the 22nd of the month and that means it’s time to share another Recipe Redux challenge recipe!For those of you who aren’t familiar with Recipe Redux is the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians. The Recipe ReDux is focused on taking delicious dishes, keeping them delicious, but making them better for you. It was founded by 3 amazing dietitians with a belief that healthier eating should always taste delicious. And let me tell you, I totally agree! The amazing bloggers who participate in this have come up with so many delicious, yet healthy recipes! If you haven’t been to the Recipe ReDux site yet, definitely pop over and check it out! Plus you can check out the other recipes from this month below by scrolling below! There are tons of yummy ones! ?
This month our challenge was to create a ‘bar’ or ‘bite’! The theme couldn’t be more perfect as we are heading into the back to school/back to work season and having healthy and yummy snacks on hand is needed! I knew I wanted to make something salty and sweet since that is one of my favorite combinations! I had just received some new peanut butter from Protein Plus PB to try and had also bought salted caramel almonds at Target the next day! It was a sign — I needed to make something with salted caramel! Thus, this recipe was born!
This bar recipe is not only easy, but it is packed with protein, requires no baking and is absolutely delicious! Just wrap them individually and grab one on your way out the door to class or work! I hope you enjoy! Have a fabulous weekend!!
Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Protein Bars2014-08-10 14:44:14 Serves 12 A quick, easy, no bake bar recipe that is loaded with protein and has a delicious salty and sweet combination! Write a review Save RecipePrint Prep Time 20 min Total Time 2 hr 30 min Prep Time 20 min Total Time 2 hr 30 min Ingredients
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 1/3 cup (60g) Protein Plus PB Salted Pretzel Caramel Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 4 scoops (120g) NutriForce Vanilla Whey protein powder
- 1/3 cup + 1tbs (42g) coconut flour*
- 3 tbs (42g) Sweet Spreads Chocolate Brownie CocoNutter
- 1oz (28g) Pretzels, crushed
- *You may need more or less coconut flour depending on the type of protein powder you use. Please add this in slowly at the end and adjust as needed.
- Combine your wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a spatula (or your hands, which I did) evenly press your dough into the pan.
- Allow the base to chill for about 1 hour.
- Melt your Sweet Spreads CocoNutter and spread evenly over the top of the bars.
- Sprinkle the top with your crushed pretzels.
- Place back in the refrigerator for another 30-40 minutes or until fully set.
- Slice and individually wrap in plastic wrap.
- Store in the fridge until needed.
- Nutrition: for 1 out of 12 bars*
- Calories: 217, Protein: 10.8g. Carbs: 10.4g, Fat: 15.6g, Saturated Fat: 8.9g, Sodium: 95mg, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 3.3g, Net Carbs: 6.9g
- *You could also cut these into squares to take to a party for a dessert. They would make about 18 squares and the nutrition facts would be lower.
By Sarah Ingredients Of A Fit Chick https://ingredientsofafitchick.com/
*What is your favorite salty/sweet combination?
*Have you tried Protein Plus PB or salted caramel almonds yet?
// <\/script>’); // ]]>