Dense Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Mint ‘Ganache’
Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! I took last Friday off, so I was able to enjoy a nice long weekend! It was greatly needed! I feel completely refreshed and ready to take on the world again — or this chocolate cake! 😉
Today’s recipe is one that I must say, ranks very high in my book of favorites on this site! Not only is it healthy and packed with protein, but it tastes so indulgent it is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth! I hope you enjoy! Have an amazing start to your week!
- 3/4 cup (105g) gluten free flour of choice
- 3/4 scoop (30g) NutriForce Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dry sweetener of choice (I used Swerve)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (56g) coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbs (84g) non fat greek yogurt
- 4oz water (or milk)
- 3 tbs (42g) Dark Chocolate Mint Sweet Spreads Coconutter
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together all dry cake ingredients
- Mix together wet cake ingredients
- Combine wet and dry ingredients
- Spray a 6 in cake pan with non stick spray
- Pour batter into pan
- Bake cake for ~ 25 minutes or until set
- Melt Dark Chocolate Mint Coconutter
- Spread on top of cake
- Refrigerate cake for about 1 hour or until chocolate sets
- Slice and Serve
- Nutrition: for 1 out of 6 slices
- Calories: 256, Protein: 6.8g, Carbs: 20.5g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 13.6g*, Sodium: 30mg, Fiber: 1.4g, Sugar: 2.7g, Net Carbs: 19.1g
- *The saturated fat may seem a bit high, but it is the good kind as it comes from coconut oil/butter.
*How do you satisfy your sweet tooth?
*What has been your favorite protein packed recipe lately?