Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! Can you believe that we are already into the month of August?! Where has the summer gone! I guess time really does fly when you are busy and having fun! ?
Today I am sharing with you a recipe that is sure to make your taste buds sing! Who doesn’t love the combination of bananas and coconut! It brings me right back to a tropical island! I hope you enjoy! Have a fabulous Monday!
Banana Coconut Cream Pie2014-05-25 17:28:09 Serves 6 A sweet, tropical pie that is sure to tantalize your taste buds! Write a review Save RecipePrint Prep Time 30 min Cook Time 1 hr 20 min Total Time 1 hr 50 min Prep Time 30 min Cook Time 1 hr 20 min Total Time 1 hr 50 min Ingredients
- 5 tbs (35g) coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs (28g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1c coconut cream
- 1 large banana (130g)
- 3 tbs (46g) liquid eggwhites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- sweetener, optional (depending on how sweet your banana is)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spray a 6in spring form pan with non stick spray
- Whisk together your base ingredients (except coconut flour)
- Stir in coconut flour and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Pour base into pan
- Combine all filling ingredients in a blender
- Pour filling over base
- Bake for ~ 1 hour and 20 minutes or until edges are slightly golden and set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool (it will continue to set at this point)
- Refrigerate for 2+ hours before slicing
- Nutrition: 1 out of 6 slices
- Calories: 201, Protein: 5g, Carbs: 10.7g, Fat: 15.3g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Sodium: 66mg, Fiber: 2.7g, Net Carbs: 8g, Sugar: 4g
By Sarah Ingredients Of A Fit Chick https://ingredientsofafitchick.com/
*Did you do anything fun over the weekend?
*What is your favorite tropical fruit?
*Do you have any exciting vacations set up for the month of August?