Cherry ‘flapJacked’ Shortcakes
Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend full of sunshine and fun! 🙂 Today, I am sharing with you a sweet summer dessert that is soooo incredibly simple you won’t even believe it!
The wonderful people over at flapJacked pancakes sent me some samples to try and of course, other than just devouring them down in pancake form ;), I also had to make a recipe to show you how diverse this stuff really is! I used the Buttermilk flavor in this recipe, but it also comes in Banana Hazelnut (my favorite) and Cinnamon Apple! The great thing about this pancake mix is that is gives you an extra punch with 17+ grams of protein!! It is also made with whole grains and contains nothing artificial!! You know how much I love that! And for my nutrition stat people out there: It’s all for 200 calories or less! 🙂
Make sure to check flapJacked out so that you can not only try this recipe, but make some yummy pancakes too! You can receive 20% off your order with the promo code: FITCHICK!!
I hope you enjoy! Have a great (and delicious) Monday! 🙂
- 1c (112g) Buttermilk flapJacked pancake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 -1/3c water
- 2c (280g) cherries
- Sweetener, optional
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together pancake mix, water and baking powder
- Divide batter into 4 -2in baking dishes
- Bake for ~12-15 minutes or until golden
- Mix cherries with sweetener, if desired
- Warm cherries in the microwave (or in pot)
- Slice shortcakes in half and top with cherries
- Serve, with whipped cream if desired!
- Nutrition: 1 out of 4 shortcakes
- Calories: 145, Protein: 9g, Carbs: 24.5g, Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.8g, Sodium: 195mg, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 13g, Net Carbs: 20g
*Have you tried flapJacked pancake mix before?
*What is your favorite fruit topping for shortcakes?