Strawberry Chocolate ‘Tea’ Pancakes
Happy Thursday! I hope you are enjoying your week! Today is the 22nd of the month which means it is RECIPE REDUX DAY!!! Yiippeee!! 🙂
For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Recipe Redux, it is the first and only recipe challenge founded by dieticians. The Recipe Redux is focused on taking delicious dishes, keeping them delicious, but making them healthier for you! It was founded by 3 amazing dieticians with the belief that healthier eating should always taste delicious! The amazing bloggers who take part in this contest come up with so many delicious yet healthy dishes! Make sure to scroll down to see all of them for this month!
So, this months challenge was to create a recipe using tea! I am absolutely obsessed with Cuppa Chocolate teas! Although slightly more expensive, they have an amazing taste and are worth it in my opinion! So I knew I was going to use this tea in a recipe but wasn’t exactly sure how. Then, one morning I was drinking my tea while eating pancakes and thought……”Wow, this might give my pancakes an amazing flavor!” I couldn’t have been more right! The flavors of the tea gave a great depth of flavor to the pancakes! I am excited to try other flavors next! But in the mean time, I hope you enjoy this recipe and the many others below! 🙂
- 1/3c (40g) oat flour
- 2/3 scoop (20g) chocolate protein powder
- 1tbs cacao powder (can sub cocoa)
- 1 Strawberry Chocolate Tea Bag
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sweetener, optional
- 1/4c fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 tsp chia seeds (I used Mamma Chia White Chia Seeds)
- Mix strawberries with chia seeds and allow to sit.
- In a microwave safe mug add 1/2 c water + your tea bag.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes.
- In a bowl combine oat flour, cacao powder, baking powder, 1/4c tea water and sweetener.
- Mix well.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop batter into warm pan in 1.5 tbs size servings.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbly then flip.
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until batter is gone.
- Top pancakes with strawberries and ENJOY! 🙂
- Nutrition: For entire recipe
- Calories: 341, Protein: 26.3g, Carbs: 37.6g, Fat: 9.1g, Saturated Fat: 3.3g, Sodium: 91mg, Fiber: 9g*, Net Carbs: 17.3g, Sugar: 3g
- *9g of carbs in this recipe! That's more than 1/3 of your daily requirement! Score!
*Are you a tea drinker?
*What is your favorite tea flavor?
*Do you use tea in any recipes?