Strawberry Coconut Energy Bars
Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week! Now that the weather is getting nicer, most of us are becoming more active outside (Yeah! 🙂 and are in need of a quick, energy packed snack for those long hikes, runs and bike rides! These energy bars are the perfect way to refuel! Not only will they keep your energy up…..but they taste amazing and travel well! They didn’t even last long enough in my kitchen to make it on any outdoor adventures! I hope you enjoy them! Have an action packed, adventurous weekend! 🙂
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all of you beautiful mother’s out there!! Thank you for all that you do!! xo
- 10 medjool dates, soaked for 10 minutes
- 3/4c almonds
- 3/4c walnuts
- 1 1/2 scoop protein powder (I used an unflavored whey)
- 3-4 tbs shredded coconut
- 2-3 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2c freeze dried strawberries, crushed
- 1 tsp coconut extract, optional
- Put almonds and walnuts in a food processor and process until small chunks (can make them bigger or smaller in size depending on what you'd prefer)
- Add soaked dates and blend until paste forms.
- Add in coconut oil and coconut extract.
- Mix again.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Fold in protein powder, shredded coconut and strawberries.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add in coconut flour until a dough forms. (the amount used will vary depending on protein powder used)
- Line a baking pan with plastic wrap. (I used a loaf pan)
- Spread dough evenly in bottom of pan.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or until set.
- Slice and wrap individually for a grab and go energy packed snack!
- Nutrition: 1 out of 8 bars
- Calories: 264, Protein: 9.1g, Carbs:28.8g, Fat: 14.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 12mg, Fiber: 4.7g, Net Carbs: 24.1g, Sugar: 21.7g
*Do you have any outdoor activities planned this weekend?
*What type of “energy” do you pack on long exercise excursions?
*What is your favorite outdoor activity?