Happy Tuesday! It seems a little weird sharing a recipe on a Tuesday, but since it is the 22nd of the month, that means it’s RECIPE REDUX DAY! For those of you who aren’t familiar with Recipe Redux it is the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians. The Recipe ReDux is focused on taking delicious dishes, keeping them delicious, but making them better for you. It was founded by 3 amazing dietitians with a belief that healthier eating should always taste delicious. And let me tell you, I totally agree! The amazing bloggers who participate in this have come up with so many delicious, yet healthy recipes! If you haven’t been to the Recipe ReDux site yet, definitely pop over and check it out! Plus you can check out the other recipes from this month below! This month’s challenge was to create a recipe using a classic cookware piece that has been handed down to us from a family member. At first, I had no idea what I was going to do because I don’t have any baking pieces handed down. However, I do have a lot of amazing cooking dishes and tools that were given to me by my mother! Especially cake pans! And thus, the Apple Pecan Cake was born! ? This dessert would make the perfect recipe to share with your mother on mother’s day! I hope you enjoy!
Apple Pecan Cake2014-03-26 15:45:20 Serves 8 A sweet and nutty cake that is healthy enough for breakfast! Write a review Save RecipePrint Prep Time 20 min Cook Time 28 min Total Time 48 min Prep Time 20 min Cook Time 28 min Total Time 48 min Ingredients
- 3/4c (84g) pecan meal
- 1/4c coconut sugar (divided 3tbs + 1tbs)
- 1 apple (130g) sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2c (112g) unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided (1tsp + 1tsp)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking powder
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8in cake pan very well with non stick spray (or coat w/ butter/coconut oil)
- Sprinkle bottom of pan with 1tbs coconut sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Lay sliced apples in bottom of pan in desired design.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter over top of apples.
- Bake for ~28 minutes or until set.
- Nutrition: 1 out of 8 slices
- Calories: 145, Protein: 2g, Carbs: 9.4g, Fat: 11.7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 15mg, Fiber: 2g, Net Carbs: 7.4g, Sugar: 7g
By Sarah Ingredients Of A Fit Chick https://ingredientsofafitchick.com/
*What is your favorite baking piece?
*Do you have any classic cooking pieces that were handed down to you?
*What is your most frequently used kitchen item?