Healthy Tips For Staying On Track
How many times have we all resolved to start our new exercise or nutrition program on Monday? When Friday rolls around we notice that our workouts are no longer and we have opted for a candy bar instead of the crisp apples we bought over the weekend.
Now you’re thinking, “But I just can’t seem to stay on track!” Creating a lasting habit can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Here are a few tips to keep you on track until you have created that permanent habit:
1) Stock your house with healthy and convenient foods! You want the foods that you buy to not only be healthy, but easy to prepare. More often than not, we make less than healthy choices due to lack of time. Knowing you have the components at home for a quick, healthy and delicious meal will make it easier.
2) Drink plenty of water! Many times we reach for food, thinking we are hungry, when we are really thirsty.
3) Eat protein throughout the day! Protein has been proven to be the most satiating and filling of all the macronutrients. Think lean chicken, egg whites, fish, tofu, etc.
4) Fill up on fiber! Fibrous foods (whole grains, beans, oats, etc) help keep you full and aid with digestion.
5) Enjoy your favorite foods in moderation! Having a small portion of something you enjoy will prevent you from going overboard with it later.
6) Find a workout partner! When you have to meet your friend at the gym it is much harder to skip that workout knowing she/he is waiting for you.
7) Schedule your workouts like a doctors appointment! When you put the day and times in your calendar of when you plan to workout, you are more likely to stick with them.
8) Keep your workouts exciting! Try to mix up what you do. Take a dance class, play basketball with your kids, go for a walk with a friend, lift weights with your husband!
9) Buy yourself some comfortable workout gear! If you are not comfortable in the clothes you exercise in, you won’t want to do it! Find something that is comfortable, fashionable and makes you feel great!
10) Find an accountability person! Tell this person about your goals are. Have them keep you accountable to what you set in place!
Above all, stay positive! With a few small changes you will find it much easier to stay on track with all of your nutrition and fitness goals!
*What is your favorite healthy tip?
*Have you fallen off track lately?
*Do you have any other tips for staying on track?