Chocolate Raspberry Coconut Patties
Happy Saturday! I hope you had a great week! It is the 22nd again, which means we have rolled around to another Recipe Redux Challenge! One of my favorite days of the month (besides every Friday, of course ;)) For those of you who aren’t familiar with Recipe Redux it is the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians. The Recipe ReDux is focused on taking delicious dishes, keeping them delicious, but making them better for you. It was founded by 3 amazing dietitians with a belief that healthier eating should always taste delicious. And let me tell you, I totally agree! The amazing bloggers who participate in this have come up with so many delicious, yet healthy recipes! If you haven’t been to the Recipe ReDux site yet, definitely pop over and check it out! Plus you can check out the other recipes from this month below!
This months challenge was to come up with a “patty” recipe in honor of St Patrick’s Day! I will be honest, I had a million ideas rolling around in my head when I first saw this one! I thought to myself, “Should I go sweet? Maybe Savory? Breakfast? Dinner?” I actually came up with quite the list, so be prepared! 😉 I did end up doing one other recipe before this one and although it tasted awesome, it was a sloppy mess! Yes, recipe fails happen more often than I would like to admit! haha I am determined to get it right though! But until then, I will leave you with this sweet little bite! You can never go wrong with chocolate! Have a great end to your weekend! 🙂
- 1/4 c (60g) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 c (70g) raspberries
- 2 tbs (30g) coconut oil
- 1 tbs (21g) honey
- Shredded or flaked coconut, optional
- Melt chocolate in microwave and evenly divide between 12 mini paper liners
- Place in freezer
- Combine your raspberries, honey and coconut oil in a bowl
- Heat in microwave about 30-45 seconds or until coconut oil is melted
- Mix together and divide evenly on top of your chocolate
- Sprinkle with coconut, if desired
- Freeze for about 1 hour or until fully set
- Store in the freezer until ready to eat
- Nutrition: for 1 out of 12 patties
- Calories: 51, Protein: 0g, Carbs: 5.4g, Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.8g, Sodium: 3mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Net Carbs: 4.9g
*What kind of “patty” would you make for this challenge?
*Have you had a recipe fail lately?
*What are your plans for the weekend?