Pecan Banana Bread Scones
Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week! Can you believe that it is already the last day of February?! Where is 2014 going? This scone recipe is a great way to end the cold month of February! Warm pecan banana bread scones are a true healthy, comforting food that make a great way to start your day! I hope you enjoy them! Have a fantastic weekend! 🙂
- 1c (120g) pecan meal
- 2tbs (14g) coconut flour
- 1tsp cinnamon, optional
- 2 tbs (42g) honey
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine egg, vanilla, honey and mashed bananas
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Spread mixture into a circle on parchment paper (about 1in thick)
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and slice into 6 pieces
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until just set
- Top with additional honey, if desired
- Nutrition: 1 out of 6 scones
- Calories: 225, Protein: 3.7g, Carbs: 19.7g, Fat: 15.7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 17mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 12g, Net Carbs: 15.7g
*Do you have any plans this weekend?
*What is the best thing you have done in 2014 thus far?
*What is something you are looking forward to doing in March?