Whole Wheat Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Happy Wednesday! I hope you are having a great week! Since I didn’t share a delicious recipe with you on Monday, I thought I would share one today! 🙂 This is another one that has been sitting in the archives since long before Christmas (hence the gingerbread ;)) I was asked to make a ‘healthier’ version of gingerbread…and that’s what I did! I hope you enjoy! Have a great Wednesday! 🙂
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c Monk Fruit In The Raw (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tbs ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1c pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c molasses
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your bundt pan (or cake pan) with non stick spray.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl, mix together your wet ingredients.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Nutrition: (for 1 out of 16 slices)
- Calories: 181, Protein: 3.4g, Carb: 19.1g, Fat: 11.2g, Saturated Fat: 9.2g, Sodium: 18mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 6g
*What recipe have you made ‘healthier’ lately?
*Are you still thinking about holiday food flavors like me?
*What is the best meal in your lunch box today?