Coconut Pomegranate Breakfast Cake
Happy Friday…..and HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!! 🙂 I hope you are spending some time today with someone you love! I will be spending the day with someTHING I love…..a big piece of this delicious cake! 😉 This recipe is definitely one of my top favorites! It is sweet and the coconut butter on top makes it feel indulgent…..almost as if I am eating icing! This is the perfect recipe to share with your loved one (s)! I hope you have a day filled with love!
- 1/2c (56g) almond flour
- 1/2c (56g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1c (227g) greek yogurt
- 1/2c coconut oil, melted
- 1/2c sugar free maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1c (150g) pomegranate seeds
- 1 1/2 tbs coconut manna
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 8x8in baking pan with parchment paper (or coat with oil).
- Mix together almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder.
- In a second bowl mix together coconut oil, greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in pomegranate seeds.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for ~40 minutes.
- Melt coconut manna and drizzle over top of cake.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice into 9 pieces.
- Nutrition: (for 1 out of 9 pieces)
- Calories: 249, Protein: 8g, Carbs: 10.6g, Fat: 20.4g, Saturated Fat: 13.8g*, Sodium: 77mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g, Net Carbs: 6.6g
- *Saturated Fat is higher from coconut oil, coconut manna and coconut flour. Feel free to sub with other oil if desired.
*How are you spending Valentine’s Day?
*Do you make anything special for Valentine’s Day?
*Who are you sending love to today?