White Cheddar Cheese Dip
Happy Wednesday! I hope you are having a great start to your week! With the Superbowl coming up this weekend, it is only right for me to share with you a few more healthy recipes that you can enjoy on game day! 🙂
This recipe actually has a quick story behind it! While talking with some members at my gym one day about Ingredients Of A Fit Chick, one of them began to laugh a bit and said, “What do you do? Make cauliflower nacho cheese dip?” Of course, my brain lit up with ideas and that weekend, this recipe was born! I can’t even tell you how happy my taste buds were after this recipe was done! I don’t think it could have turned out any more delicious! So, a big thank you goes out for the ‘recipe challenge’! 🙂 I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!
- 2 c (340g) cauliflower, stems removed
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow White Cheddar Cheese*
- 1/2 c (56g) shredded white cheddar cheese + additional 1/4 c for top, if desired
- 1 c milk
- 1 tsp white pepper **
- 1/2 tsp onion powder **
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder **
- *Can substitute this with all shredded white cheddar cheese
- **Seasonings optional. Leave out if you only want the cheddar flavor.
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cop cauliflower into small pieces.
- Put cauliflower in food processor and chip until fine.
- Add cauliflower to a microwave safe dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 wedges of laughing cow cheese to the hot cauliflower and mix until melted.
- Slowly mix in milk until desired consistency.
- Mix in shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Put dip into an oven safe dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle additional cheese on top, if desired.
- If adding more cheese, return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips!
- Nutrition: (1 out of 6 servings)
- Calories: 72, Protein: 4g, Carbs: 3g, Fat: 4.4g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Sodium: 192mg, Fiber: 1.3g
*What is your favorite Superbowl snack?
*Has anyone ever given you a recipe ‘challenge’?
*Have you ever hid veggies in a recipe?