22 Jan 2014
Happy Wednesday!! I am very excited today because it is the 22nd which marks the submission day for this months Recipe Redux challenge! For those of you who aren’t familiar with Recipe Redux it is the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians. The Recipe ReDux is focused on taking delicious dishes, keeping them delicious, but making them better for you. It was founded by 3 amazing dietitians with a belief that healthier eating should always taste delicious. And let me tell you, I totally agree! The amazing recipe developers who participate in this have come up with so many delicious, yet healthy recipes! If you haven’t been to the Recipe ReDux site yet, definitely pop over and check it out! Plus you can check out the other recipes from this month below!
This months challenge was to make a creative pizza recipe! And who doesn’t love pizza?! It is by far one of my most loved foods! But I will be honest, when I saw the challenge this month I got nervous! How the heck was I going to find the time to make pizza during the busiest month in the fitness industry?! So, I got a little creative and made a healthy, quick and delicious recipe that packs all the flavor of pizza, but without any of the guilt! I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Protein packed and portable. You can enjoy pizza in a healthy way any time!
Write a review
- 1/2 lb (8oz) ground turkey breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c + 1 tbs (42g) shredded reduced fat mozzarella
- 1 tbs Frontier pizza seasoning
- 1/4 c tomato sauce
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 6 muffins cups VERY WELL with non stick spray.
- Mix together your egg and ground turkey breast.
- Mix in seasoning and shredded cheese.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Top with tomato sauce or serve on the side.
- Nutrition: for 1 out of 6 muffins
- Calories: 83, Protein: 13.8g, Carbs: 0.6g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 75mg, Fiber: 0g
Ingredients Of A Fit Chick https://ingredientsofafitchick.com/
*Have you ever made homemade pizza?
*What is your favorite pizza topping?