Sous Vide Brown Butter Scallops
TGIF! I hope you had a great week! I am really excited to share this recipe with you today! For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you got to see a sneak peak of these amazing scallops already! But, with so many people asking how I made them, I had to create a full post! They are extremely simple. I mean, super simple! But they do require a special kitchen tool…..A Nomiku! I have been going back and forth about getting once since February because I have seen so many of my foodie IG friends posting amazing protein dishes using this method. So, the time finally came when I was able to test one of these out! Two words, IN LOVE! I have done a Skirt Steak and scrambled eggs since this first dish! It makes everything simply perfect!
Check out the recipe and let me know if you have tried cooking via this method before! If not, you might consider this an early Christmas present! ?
Have a great weekend!
Sous Vide Brown Butter Scallops Print Prep time 5 mins Cook time 35 mins Total time 40 mins Love scallops?! This simple method of cooking will transform your love of scallops forever! Author: Sarah Recipe type: Dinner Serves: 1 serving Ingredients
- 1 package SizzleFish Scallops (about 4.25oz)
- 2 tsp brown butter (1 tsp for cooking + 1 tsp for searing)*
- salt & pepper, as desired
- Fill your pot with water according to Nomiku directions
- Preheat the Nomiku to 140 degrees
- Pat your scallops dry with a paper towel
- Place scallops, 1 tsp brown butter, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag
- Seal tight, making sure to remove all air
- Place the bag in the water and ensure that it stays submerged
- Set timer for 35 minutes (They can take up to 40 minutes)
- Once done, remove from the water and bag
- Pat the scallops dry
- Heat your remaining tsp of brown butter in a pan over high heat
- Add your scallops to the pan to get a golden sear (about 30 seconds per side)
- Serve as desired
- I topped mine with more brown butter!
Notes *Feel free to use any oil you choose Nutrition Information Serving size: 1 recipe Calories: 196 Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 3g Sodium: 194mg Protein: 20g 3.2.2925